Backend Support Engineer
Do you want to be a part of the development of our new Unified Commerce platform with more than 3.000 stores and 28 web shops? In that case, come and join our 70 Developers in the IT department at JYSK.
We are in the middle of restructuring our IT landscape, turning it into a headless, event driven and microservice architecture. We need an experienced Backend Support Engineer with interests in site reliability engineering (SRE), to help us ensure the scalability and resilience of our backend applications. Monitoring, troubleshooting and problem-solving as well as setting guidelines for the above, is all part of the SRE team’s daily work and toolbox.
You will be working with newer technology, frameworks and platforms including:
- Java 11/17
- Spring Boot
It is not important that you have worked with all the above mentioned technologies, frameworks or platforms as long as you have the curiosity to learn more. We are open-minded towards the usage of open source. Thus you will have an influence on introducing new libraries and frameworks where suited.
You will join our SRE and Support team, consisting of 10 skilled colleagues, who are strong at operating in an agile environment. Our developers work closely with colleagues from other departments at our location in Aarhus. The team is responsible for a wide range of in-house developed applications. So, you will get the opportunity to work in different business areas and with different technologies.
You bring dedication and you…
We are looking for all levels of experience with Backend Support Engineering. You can either be relatively new to Software Development or quite senior. We will suit the position to your experience.
- Are passionate about IT and software development
- Are a skilled developer, who continuously strives to improve your skills
- Have extensive knowledge on version control systems
- Have a flair for investigating root causes
- Have experience with some of the frameworks and platforms we use
- Are helpful, supportive and are a great team player
You meet possibilities and we offer you…
- A relaxed and open-minded atmosphere
- Sparring and feedback from skilled colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- A job with rich possibilities to influence the demanding technical solutions
- A corporate culture with a short distance from decision to action
- A job where you get the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A workplace in an exciting international company, where dynamism, expansion and development have a high priority
- Focus on work/life balance and a healthy work environment
JYSK is a frontrunner in the development of online cross channel E-commerce. And with Unified Commerce, JYSK has launched its biggest IT initiative ever, with the ambition of becoming even better within cross channel e-commerce. You will become a part of JYSK’s IT department, which consists of more than 200 ambitious and highly skilled colleagues. As our new colleague, you will work with the further development of JYSK’s high-load cross channel e-commerce platform, which is used in more than 28 countries.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Team Leader, Jeppe Thaarup at +45 6162 9281.
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “I’m interested”. We handle applications as we receive them and close the recruitment when we have found the right candidate.