Purchasing Intern (Textile)
Would you like to work with purchasing in an international company? Would you like to gain valuable experience of the processes and procedures of a large organisation and to have an impact on the purchase of articles for JYSK countries?
Then a 5-6 month internship in the Purchasing department (Textile) at the JYSK Head Office in Aarhus is just the right thing for you. The internship is scheduled for autumn 2023 and will start on the 21st of August.
We believe in continuous improvement to ensure that JYSK customers always get ‘a good offer’. This is a guiding light for the entire organisation, not least for our Purchasing department. We focus on sound tradesmanship: Procuring the right article in the right quantity at the very best price.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Go for it, if you feel like acquiring profound knowledge of purchasing in a major international company and gaining an insight into cross-border operations. You will work in an international environment where no two days are alike, and you will cooperate with competent, dedicated and experienced colleagues in an informal environment.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- A thorough knowledge of the categories: Bath, bed linen, duvets and pillows
- A deep understanding of the annual wheel in a purchasing department
- Analytical tasks focusing on markets, competitors and customer behaviour, and how to turn the insights into action
- Insights in assortment development from the first strategic ideas to sample handling and master data updates
WHAT YOUR NEXT JOB WILL BE ABOUT
Your tasks and responsibilities during the internship includes:
- To work with article registrations and master data updates
- To conduct range analysis including suggestions for range changes
- To analyse markets, competitors and customers’ behaviour
- To prepare analysis and presentations for range meetings, sales meetings etc.
- To assist with sample approvals
- To participate in supplier meetings
- Day-to-day communication with suppliers from countries outside Denmark
- To work on a lot of other ad hoc purchasing tasks
You can read more about our department here.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
We are looking for a new intern who:
- Are following a relevant study programme focusing on purchasing, e.g. Cand.merc.
- Bring strong IT-skills in Excel and Power Point. User experience of SAP is a great advantage
- Are high-level fluent in English. Good Danish skills will be regarded as an advantage
- Are responsible and structured
- Like challenges and have a lot of drive and strong work ethics
- Can work independently, and adapt easily to the changes of a busy workday
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Category Manager Berit S. Christiansen at +45 2913 7535.
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “Apply”. We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment once we have found the right candidate.
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
JYSK wants to include everyone, no matter the age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and experience. Together, we secure our inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Because a great mix of minds, talents and unique personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our career page.