Are you a search technology expert with a deep understanding of Solr or Elasticsearch? Are you ready to take the lead in optimizing and revolutionizing our webshop search capabilities? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
JYSK is seeking a talented and experienced Search Engineer to join our team of highly skilled PHP developers. As the Search Engineer, you will be the go-to expert responsible for improving and refining our existing Solr search setup or exploring alternatives based on your expertise and analysis of its performance. You will be working closely together with developers and e-commerce in our agile team setup to help deliver value in a fast and incremental way.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Lead the improvement and optimization of our e-commerce search infrastructure, leveraging your expertise and working alongside a team of experienced developers.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- A relaxed and open-minded atmosphere
- A job with rich possibilities to influence the demanding technical solutions
- A corporate culture with a short distance from thought to action
- A job where you get the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A workplace in an exciting international company, where dynamism, expansion and development have a high priority
- Focus on work/life balance and a healthy work environment
WHAT YOUR NEXT JOB WILL BE ABOUT
Your tasks and responsibilities in the job include:
- Take ownership of our current Solr search infrastructure, analyzing its performance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with a team of experienced PHP developers to integrate and enhance search capabilities within our applications.
- Design and develop scalable search solutions tailored to our specific business requirements.
- Optimize search performance through query optimization, index management, and relevancy ranking.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in search technologies and propose innovative ideas to enhance search functionality.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the development team regarding search best practices and integration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand search requirements and implement efficient search strategies.
You can read more about our department at https://job.jysk.dk/dk/head-office/it
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
We are looking for a new colleague who has:
- Proven experience as a Search Engineer or similar role, with a focus on technologies like Solr or Elasticsearch.
- Expertise in optimizing and improving search infrastructures, preferably with Solr.
- Strong knowledge of search algorithms, query parsing, indexing, and relevance ranking.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Team Leader, Asbjørn Buje +45 2991 3170
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “Apply”. We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment once we have found the right candidate.
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
JYSK wants to include everyone, no matter the age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and experience. Together, we secure our inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Because a great mix of minds, talents and unique personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our career page.