If you are enthusiastic about data and sustainability and you want to become part of an exciting journey to further build and strengthen our work with climate and environment - then you could be the person we are looking for, as our next Sustainability Specialist.
At JYSK, we have big ambitions. We have that for the company, and we have that for our sustainability efforts throughout our value chain. We are now looking for a sustainability specialist who can help drive and implement our climate agenda across JYSK working with CO2 calculations, LCA, documentation, target setting and reduction roadmap implementation.
You will play a key and impactful role in JYSKs environmental sustainability journey, where you can look forward to a job with great impact and ample opportunities for development within the field of sustainability.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
You will become a part of an international and successful retail company in growth and will have a significant role with influence on the direction of JYSKs work with sustainability.
You will be part of the sustainability department, where we work closely together and help each other across tasks and professional areas. We are responsible for driving sustainability management at a global level at JYSK, and we have a high degree of collaboration with internal as well as external stakeholders.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- A great opportunity to develop and grow professionally and personally
- A workplace in an exciting international company with ambitious sustainability goals
- An attractive job with exciting and challenging tasks that will offer a steep learning curve
WHAT YOUR NEXT JOB WILL BE ABOUT
Your tasks and responsibilities in the job includes:
- Help develop, implement, and run JYSK's climate action - from strategy to execution.
- Implement initiatives in collaboration with operations, purchasing functions and store chains as well as with external partners
- Sparring partner for other departments regarding climate-related considerations like e.g., defining and setting local targets aligned with the global climate and environmental targets
- Secure, monitor and control global data collection and CO2 calculations aligned with the GHG protocol and SBTi
- Help facilitate Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon reduction projects
- Assist with various other sustainability related tasks
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
As a person you are persistent and passionate about sustainability, and you want to drive change in a complex environment. You are positive, dedicated, and proactive, finding solutions where others see problems and naturally taking initiative where needed. You believe that cross-functional collaboration and teamwork are key to success.
We are looking for a new colleague who:
- Has in-depth knowledge of the climate area and understand the GHG protocol, SBTi and scope 1, 2 and 3
- Can take part in both the strategic work, the technical, professional discussions and in the "process room"
- Has a relevant education with a focus on sustainability or data analysis and can be a recent graduate or sit in a similar job today.
- Works structured and analytically and has strong skills in Excel, so you can break down substantial amounts of data and highlight the most important trends.
- Has a sincere interest in the green transition and possesses updated knowledge within the area of sustainability.
- Is Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- Is a team player but can also work independently.
Your primary workplace is at the head office in Aarhus, and you should expect approx. 15 travel days per. year.
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Sustainability, Ann-Katrine S. Friis at +45 2078 5936.
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “Apply”. We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment once we have found the right candidate.
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
JYSK wants to include everyone, no matter the age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and experience. Together, we secure our inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Because a great mix of minds, talents and unique personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our career page.