Senior Software Engineer, Java Backend Development
Do you want to be a part of the development of our new e-commerce platform with more than 3.200 stores and 29 web shops? Or some of our more than 60 other java applications? In that case, come and join our Java department which consist of 50 backend developers.
JYSK is a frontrunner in the development of online cross channel E-commerce. And with Unified Commerce, JYSK has launched its biggest IT initiative ever, with the goal of becoming even better within cross channel e-commerce. You will become a part of JYSK’s IT department, which consists of more than 200 highly skilled colleagues. As our new colleague, you will work with the further development of JYSK’s high-load cross channel e-commerce platform, which is used in more than 28 countries.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We are in the middle of restructuring our IT landscape, turning it into a headless, event driven and microservice architecture. We need an experienced Senior Software Engineer, to contribute with great code and good software design.
We are open-minded towards the usage of open source. Thus you will have an influence on introducing new libraries and frameworks where suited.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- A relaxed and open-minded atmosphere
- Sparring and feedback from skilled colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- A job with rich possibilities to influence the demanding technical solutions
- A corporate culture with a short distance from thought to action
- A job where you get the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A workplace in an exciting international company, where dynamism, expansion and development have a high priority
- Focus on work/life balance and a healthy work environment
WHAT YOUR NEXT JOB WILL BE ABOUT
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for developing our various applications. You will also be involved in specifying and refining features and tasks, in corporations with different business areas.
You will be working with newer technology, frameworks and platforms including:
- Spring Boot
- Kubernetes / Docker
- JDK 17
Our developers work closely with colleagues from other departments at our location in Aarhus. The Java team is responsible for a wide range of in-house developed applications. So, you will get the opportunity to work in different business areas and with different technologies.
You can read more about our department at https://job.jysk.dk/dk/head-office/it
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
We are looking for a new colleague who:
- Is passionate about IT and software development
- Is a skilled Java developer, who continuously strives to improve your skills
- Write a clean code and create software architecture that are flexible
- Is experienced with Java web technologies
- Write thorough tests of your code and are familiar with test driven development
- Has experience with some of the frameworks and platforms we use
- Can drive and facilitate design discussions
- Has extensive knowledge of distributed systems and concurrency
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Team Leader, Peter Hammer at +45 2835 5483.
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “Apply”. We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment once we have found the right candidate.
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
JYSK wants to include everyone, no matter the age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and experience. Together, we secure our inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Because a great mix of minds, talents and unique personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our career page.